Coleman

Coleman

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Meet Holly and Graham


"Help us Obi Wan Kenobi, you're our only hope!"


You probably remember that quote from Princess Leia in the original Star Wars.  
She was projected as a hologram to Obi Wan Kenobi to deliver a very important message.  This message ultimately saves the rebellion from Darth Vader and the Empire's Death Star.  When I first saw this movie in the late 70s, this was truly science fiction.  Well, not anymore!

Take a look at this BBC News video introducing Holly and Graham.  They are the newest members of the security team at London's Luton Airport. They are holograms and they too deliver an important message.  Imagine how this technology will change the modern museum experience.

"LUKE, I AM YOUR FATHER"...  I'm sorry, but it had to be said.





~ Joe ~

2 comments:

Ben Gage said...

Joe, I'm looking forward to designing virtual crates for their traveling exhibition....

Joe Turpin said...

Ben, I have already ordered a virtual climate van to do the hauling. It is a lot easier than when I needed the truck stretcher.